Jet Reports AUNZ Self Serve Training Program
The Self Serve Web-training program is a video-based learning portal where you can learn the Jet Reports toolset at your own pace. The portal will track which modules you have completed and once they are all done you can download a Completion Certificate. There are a number of courses, detailed below. Here is an intro video to the program: Introduction Video
Jet Professional Program
Learn how to Design reports using Jet Professional
Types of Users and Modes
- The types of Jet Users and what they can do (Viewers, Designers and Excel Users).
- The types of Modes and what they can do (Report Mode and Design Mode).
Tour of the Jet Ribbon
A Look at the elements of the Jet Ribbon:
- Application settings, Data-source settings, Modes, Design tools and report tools
Accessing Jet Resources
About Tables fields and queries
The 4 Jet Functions
- A Brief introduction to the 4 Jet Functions which are included in Jet Enterprise.
Table Builder - Part 1
- Introduction to the Jet Table Builder icon;
- Learn how to create a dataset in Excel that you can summarise in a Pivot Table.
Table Builder Part 2
- Advanced features such as calculation columns
Table Builder - Part 3 - Pivot Tables
- Create Pivot Tables from the tables generated by the Table Builder
Table Builder - Part 4 - Reporting from Summary Tables
- you how to create a table builder report from a summary table (Item in this example) and then add summarised data from Detailed tables (Item ledger entry summing the Qty field).
NL Function Overview
Learn about the parameters in the NL Function:
- What (Sum, Count, etc)
- Selecting Tables and fields
- Adding Filter Pairs
- Referencing filters to Excel cells
- Evaluating Formulas
- Nested Function Example
NL Static Functions
- Learn about single field lookups, summing, counting etc
NL Functions - Lists
- Intro to Creating lists using NL Rows, Columns and Sheets.
- Types of replicators
- creating columns
- creating sheets
- Simple example
NL Summary lists with Data Functions
- Create summary list from a transaction table (Eg: List GL accounts which have had a transaction a period)
- Add Data functions alongside the replicator function (Eg: lookup names, Sum values etc)
NL Data Dump with NF Functions
- Create a record list using the NL Function and add NF Functions alongside to show the desired fields.
- Explore your tables, fields and data - create simple list reports using the browser.
Creating and using favourite tables and fields
The Report Wizard
- Create a grouped reports using the Wizard (Single table report)
Report Writing process - Selecting the right layout
- In this module we categorise the reports into 4 different areas, to help you decide the best approach when creating your own report
About Tags, Values and getting reports ready for viewers
- This Session talks about Auto Hiding and sizing Column widths and row heights.
- We also discuss + Values and + Lock which needs to be done before finishing your report and sending it to viewers
- How to wrap off-sheet references in NP(Eval functions to improve performance.
Setting up and Options Sheet
- The Basics of Setting up an Options sheet to help make it easier for users to make selections when running reports.
- Tags and process for ensuring reports will run for viewers.
- How to lock sheets
Options sheet Advanced
- Filter an option lookup based on the previous selection
- Lookup different dates such as End of Month, Week, Quarter etc.
- Put Tooltips into your filter selections
- Validate selections by using Valid and Message Keys.
The GL Function (NAV)
- Learn how the GL Function Works.
- This function is used to create financial reports
GL - Creating a date structure for Columns
- Learn how to create your actual and Budget Columns for Month, YTD Prior year etc all driving off the one date value.
GL Using COA to create rows
- Use NL Rows and NF Functions to insert rows based on the chart of accounts.
- Conditionally hide rows with no data
- Set formats and totals for the report.
GL Chart of accounts groupings
- Create a grouped report based on the Indentation levels in the Chart of Accounts.
- Format report and invoke Excels data grouping
NAV - the power of Flowfields and Flowfilters
- Learn how NAV flow-fields work and how they can help simplify your reporting.
- Apply filter on flow fields
- Use flow-filters to select which rows to insert.
- See common flow-fields and their flow-filters.
NAV Advanced Dimensions
- Learn how to use advanced dimensions in your NL functions
- Runs though the types of Data-sources (Database Types and connection methods)
- How to get data from multiple data-sources in a single report
- Changing the default data-source
Purchase a course now
Contact Jet Reports AUNZ